The mission of the LOL Book Club is to create an environment that will help children explore fun through literature, gain confidence through group interaction and provide opportunities and resources to aid and encourage children to increase and improve reading and writing. We conducted a survey from our consistent members and 90% of our members have shown interest in writing their own books. Luckily we have Melissa Sue-John PH.D as our board as Mom Vice President. Melissa is the Chief Executive Operator and Blogger of Lauren Simone Publishing House. The mission of her company is to publish the work of diverse children authors and illustrators. Today Lauren Simone Pubs have published over a dozen children's books, two of which were written by Imani Ariana Grant. Together, we have created a new opportunity for the LOL Book Club and its members. The LOL Book Club and Imani Ariana in Association with Lauren Simone Publishing House presents Literature Out Loud- a compilation of children's literature written by the member of the LOL Book Club. Literature Out Loud invites children of the club and the community to create their own work of literature and have it published in a book.
Below are some frequently asked questions about Literature Out Loud.
1. How does this benefit the authors? Writing a book will increase their confidence, inspire students and others, strengthen their writing skills, share their story with the world, and encourage entrepreneurship.
2. What does the authors get from this? Each Author will receive 2 pages to share their own written poem or story, 5 copies of the published book to sell to their friends and family. At the end of the program members get to present their work and share their experience at a planned book launch reception.
3. How much does it cost? The book format will be 6x9, 32 pages. We have projected that the entire program will costs an estimate of $2000 which includes illustration, copyright, ISBN, editing, book launch reception, marketing and five copies to each child. Our goal is to have fundraisers as a group, and also individually, set up a go fund me, ticket sales for the reception, and other activities that will help raise the funds to cover the book
expenses and the reception. However, each child is responsible to raise a total of $200 individually. Parents may choose to cover their costs and opt out of crowd funding.
4. Why do we have to pay? The publisher, editor and illustrator are hired for their time and labor. It costs money to register the books and print the copies.
5. How long will this take? We are hoping to complete this task over the next 6 to 8 months (One meeting per month) and then a planned book reveal and authors reception at the end.
6. Will the authors receive guidance? Our meeting will be filled with fun and engaged workshops to help each child write and publish their stories. We will also have special guest authors who will provide motivation for the authors.
7. Where can we find the books? The books will be sold on Amazon, Lauren Simone Publishing House website, and can be sold on the authors own websites if they choose to.
8. How do Authors get royalties? Each author will get an equal percentage of the profits from Amazon sales. Authors will be paid every three months via, Paypal. In addition, whatever copies authors sell on their own they keep.
9. How do we get more copies? Order requests should be submitted to the publisher. More details will be provided on the process of submitting orders.
If you have any other question that we have forgotten or not thought of, please let us know.
We strongly believe that this program will help the children in our community grow and excel. If you would like to register your child for the Literature Out Loud Compilation or would like more information please reach out at the contact below.